[sf-lug] Ex 11.7 Exponentiation (understandable) & RSA algorithm (not so!)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jan 12 00:43:14 PST 2009

Alex is going through the _Think Python_ text and it asks about the
classic RSA cryptography algorithm.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Alex Kleider wrote:

> re ThinkPython, Exercise 11.7:
>
> I've made an honest attempt to understand the wiki page referenced, but
> it's way beyond me. Can you or anyone else suggest a source that might
> be easier for a non mathematician to understand AND (perhaps more to the
> point) implement?

It looks like
http://larrydavidson.blogspot.com/2008/07/teaching-rsa-in-high-school.html
is useful - what do you think?

> ps if you think this is appropriate for the list, please forward it.

Okay!

-- Asheesh.

--
I think we are in Rats' Alley where the dead men lost their bones.
 		-- T.S. Eliot