[sf-lug] sf-lug Digest, Vol 38, Issue 13 easy peasy

Eric Walstad ewalstad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:43:47 PST 2009

Hi Terry,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM, terry <a10cuba at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Has any one got an Eee laptop who wants to try easy peasy (ubuntu 8.10 )? it's
> a non conicle Eee os based on 8.10 I can burn  some coppys for the next
> meeting .

I recall seeing screenshots of this in LinuxJournal article on
scientific python an issue or three ago and was wondering, at the
time, what distro it was.  Thanks for the lead[1].  I'll give it a try
in my 'free' time.

Is this the distro you prefer on your eeepc?  I'm currently running a
straight Ubuntu8.04 with mods to make the eeepc's camera, wifi and
other hardware work.  It's feels a little slow, but is certainly
usable as a development workstation[2].

Eric.
[1] http://www.geteasypeasy.com/
[2] http://starship.python.net/~ewalstad/media/remote_office.jpg