[sf-lug] superhappy devhouse 29 on sunday, noon to 9 PM

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 11 22:57:47 PST 2008

[This message brought to you by the Dept. of the Easily Amused:]

Quoting jim (jim at well.com):

> Sunday December 14, 2008 from 12:00pm - 9:00pm
                                ^^^^^^^

Hmm, FYI, "post meridiem" means "after noon", and
          "ante meridiem" means "before noon".

Logically, it follows that "12 pm" must be within the latter half of the
day, like all other "pm" time marks.  Midnight, in other words!  ;-> [1]

(If I'd waited a bit over an hour, I could have posted this at 12 m --
with a follow-up twelve hours later, 12 n.)

[1] By the same logic, "12 am" likewise logically cannot refers to
anything but midnight.