[sf-lug] [PYCLASS] Monday, Nov 17: Chapter 7! "Algorithms" and iteration

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Nov 16 23:32:54 PST 2008

WHERE: The Grind Cafe (783 Haight St, San Francisco
<http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-grind-cafe-san-francisco>)
WHEN:  Nov 17, 6 PM
WHAT:  Community Python learning session: Chapter 7

TEXTBOOK INFO: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html
TEXTBOOK CHAP: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book008.html

This week, we focus on iteration, touching on Newton's Method for
calculating square roots.  Exercise 4 is what Alex did last week at my
urging, writing a Python intereter.

Exercise 5 would be easier if you know about doctests.  (Don't be shy -
feel free to ask!)

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

A bunch of SF-LUG people have been learning an introduction to
programming, and I've been facilitating.  My expectation is to have a fun
conversation with people who have mostly read the chapter, and some of
whom (hopefully all!) have done the chapter's exercises.

I invite you to email me your answers to the exercises, or to discuss on
the list.

See some of you there!

-- Asheesh.

--
You will gain money by an illegal action.