[sf-lug] (Technical) Tablet Linux?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 13:23:27 PDT 2008

hi

2008/10/25 vincent polite <vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com>

> I recently came into possession of an Acer Tablet Laptop (has a swivel
> screen). It has XP on it. Is there a distro, or program, that will allow me
> to use the touch screen capabilities?

Ask and you shall receive -- Slashdot style:

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/08/10/26/1518250.shtml

*"I hopped on the netbook bandwagon early this year in a rather odd fashion
by picking up an outdated portable tablet (Fujitsu P1510) which just about
matches the latest, greatest netbooks for their performance and portability
features, while nipping them by managing to give me a better battery life.
I've been happy using XP Tablet on this machine until recently, when I
started thinking that by optimizing the OS for targeted use, I may be able
to squeeze more out of the device. So, my questions are: What OS would you
recommend for a netbook/outdated laptop? Usage is typically light — web
surfing (with multimedia), email, word processing, spreadsheet and reading
PDFs. Also, what OS would you recommend for a ultraportable tablet? Usage is
similar to a netbook; there's a little more document editing going on, and
good handwriting recognition and note-taking software would be great."*