[sf-lug] [Fwd: [JOB] Engineering Lead, San Francisco, CA | 110-150k]

jim jim at well.com
Tue Oct 21 17:33:04 PDT 2008

Job Title: Engineering Lead
Location: San Francisco - Relocation assistance provided
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: 110-150k DOE

Our client is home to a new type of search that makes it easy to find
subjective information. Starting in early 2008 the company raised seed
financing from a number of premier angel investors and carefully grew a
high-caliber engineering team. Today, the company includes founders from
more than a half-dozen successful startups, four AI Ph.D.s, and
engineers from Silicon Valley's major technology companies.

They are looking for a strong engineering lead with impeccable technical
chops and a willingness to manage a growing team.

General Requirements:
* Graduate degree or PhD preferably in CS or closely related field, from
a leading institution
* 5+ years of solid individual contributions to significant,
interesting, new, or important projects
* 5+ years of leadership experience in leading both technical teams and
managing engineering organizations. Our ideal candidate has both because
on the software engineering side they will likely transition from
individual contributor to team leader to organization manager
* Startup experience: at least one (preferably more) significant startup
company / project experiences building an organization and wearing the
many planning, mentoring, nurturing, and envisioning hats that are
necessary at the early stage
* Proven experience related to what we're doing: search engines,
information retrieval, web servers, distributed systems, social
networking, consumer web properties, large-scale IM networks
* Excited to come in as an individual contributor and grow into the
leadership role as the company matures
* Very technical, down-to-earth, and not title-hungry
* Some web experience required (scripting, widgets, browsers, web
servers, etc
* Affinity for rapid prototyping
* Flexibility when faced with complex challenges

To be considered, please submit your resume along with your salary
requirements to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com

Beau Gould
Executive Advisor
Capital Markets Placement