[sf-lug] [Job Posting] Senior Linux Administrator in San Ramon
jim at well.com
Tue Sep 23 13:55:15 PDT 2008
Title: Senior Systems (Linux) Administrator. Location is San Ramon, CA.
Salary range – 90-110K.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide systems administration, installation, deployment and
maintenance of Linux Servers for production, staging, QA and development
* System software and patch installation.
* Contribute to the design and management of a reliable network and
system monitoring environment.
* Work with Change Management process prior to making any changes to
* Work with engineering to make applications more easy to administer,
monitor, and deploy.
* Work in a Multi-platform environment including Linux, Windows.
* Create project plans, analysis documents, instruction sheets, and
systems documentation for completed systems.
* Advise management on ongoing needs/issues related to computer and data
* Performance tuning of host and storage sub systems.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot system, network & storage infrastructure
* Write scripts and tools to improve existing system administration
* Ability to write scripts in Perl, as well as a Unix shell (bash or
* Provide Tier 1 application support and
* Rotating 24x7 on call support.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Up to 5% travel -
* 5-7 years of senior systems administrative experience in
high-redundancy, high-availability production environment.
* 4 years of in-depth Linux administrative experience, (Oracle
Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
* In-depth knowledge of performance tuning, load balancing, key
configuration/optimization parameters and platform specific technology
* Experience with backups and restores.
* Configuration of diagnostics and monitoring systems.
* Network and systems security planning.
* Cisco networking experience.
* Experience with administration of Oracle databases running on a Linux
* Strong understanding of storage arrays, fiber channel and iSCSI
* Solid understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
BS/BA in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
VOIP experience; Mware server environments; Windows 2003 Active
Directory; Exchange email and BlackBerry architectures;
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation/benefits packages, and a
collaborative work environment with ample opportunity for growth and
Resource Development Manager
5000 Executive Parkway, Suite 390, BR #8
San Ramon, CA 94583
annmarie.aceret at modis.com
More information about the sf-lug