[sf-lug] Community Python learning session: Chapter 1

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Sep 19 23:21:19 PDT 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> VISIT http://doodle.ch/dtfbz2fd47u5q3b2 AND VOTE

The people have spoken.  And they have spoken in two voices, clamoring for
two different things in almost equal number.

Of particular note was Ron's remark that he's not free either of the times
I suggested.  Scheduling is amazing.

> WHERE: The Grind Cafe
> WHAT:  Community Python learning session: Chapter 1
BOOK LINK: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html

Here's my answer: I'll go to The Grind Cafe at BOTH these times:

Saturday, Sep 20 (tomorrow/today, depending when you see this): 3 PM

Monday, Sep 22: 6 PM

And for Ron, I'll just have to say we won't be able to get together this
week with the group - but read the chapter, and if you have questions we
can meet up later or chat by email or something.

I don't plan to keep up this wishy-washy "go both days" thing next time;
I'll make a separate doodle for next week, though.

So - I'll be sitting at The Grind Cafe with a computer Saturday and
Monday, hoping to see people who have done the reading (Chapter 1) and
have questions.  The best would be if you each bring a computer, your
prepared questions about the reading, and your answers to the exercises;
next time I'll probably assign actual exercises I want you to get done.
The least preparation I will accept would be if you come with a copy of
the reading and the intent to sit and actually read it there.

(As for Christian's idea of St. Anthony's - it's interesting, and I'll
think about it!)

-- Asheesh.

--
Hello...  IRON CURTAIN?  Send over a SAUSAGE PIZZA!  World War III?  No thanks!