[sf-lug] Teaching programming at SF-LUG meetings

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 14:16:04 PDT 2008

hi

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>wrote:

> There was some discussion earlier on this list about teaching introductory
> programming.  Thinking about it, I would love to be more directly involved
> in that sort of thing.

I am willing to host such meetings at the school.  The advantage of doing it
there is that we would have the lab, and so Asheesh would be able to take
advantage of iTalc in teaching us how to do program.  iTalc is an
instructional tool that allows an instructor to broadcast his / her desktop
to other machines, so we could watch Asheesh do his programming and follow
along as he speaks.  We would see Asheesh's mouse move, and we would see
characters appear on our screen as he typed.

There is plenty of free, gated parking at the school.