[sf-lug] Gentoo Binary Project

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Sep 1 13:19:52 PDT 2008

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008, Justin Ryan wrote:

> When I said it was a PITA, I didn't say I don't know how.  Ebuilds are
> easier, for me, you can't infuse your brain.

[rest snipped]

I don't know what "can't infuse your brain" means, but I'm happy to hear
you're happy with ebuilds.

Basically - I agree with your outlook - we should have better tools.  By
all means competition is part of the process to get there!

I'll see when we can find a good time/place for the deb tutorial.  I'd
really like to do that in the next few weeks.  I'll see about reviving the
different-venue discussion in a separate thread.

> I appreciate the offer, it would be a cool presentation, but there are
> already ebuilds for tons of software that there aren't debs for. Having
> an ebuild-to-deb factory wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm interested in the idea in general.  I wonder how you could express
dependency facts that way.  (That's a serious question.)  I'd love to have
a separate discussion about this.

-- Asheesh.

--
Even more amazing was the realization that God has Internet access.  I
wonder if He has a full newsfeed?