[sf-lug] (no subject)

Justin Ryan justizin at vongogo.org
Wed Aug 27 01:25:12 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Justin Ryan (justizin at vongogo.org):
>
>> Why not simply redact those phrases from the archive and, at least at
>> google, force a reindex?
>
> That's an excellent idea, but we'll of course have to take great care to
> remind people frequently not to pollute the list by saying "free laptop"
> again.  I'm thinking of a monthly autoposted reminder.  "Never say 'free
> laptop' on this list!  Pass it on!"

Howabout a web page that doesn't have the list e-mail address on it?

I volunteer, of course - no need to respond by noting that I should.
I am *so* in.

> However, as dire as the plague of "free laptop" mentions is likely to
> become over time, at least nobody has mentioned anything about the sheet
> music to Dueling Banjos.  _That_ would be bad.
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#banjos

Or, we could even, like..

No, you win. :)

>> I mean, I agree on not using those words into the future, but you just
>> used them.....
>
> I indignantly deny the charge!  I've absolutely never said "free laptop"
> on this mailing list and am taking great care to never type the phrase
> "free laptop", and certainly never, ever to post "free laptop".
>
> (Nor "sheet music Dueling Banjos".  Certainly never that.)

My grandfather used to say:

  "Noone likes a smartass!"

But, I strongly, and respectfully, disagree. ;)

Peace,

Justin Alan Ryan
Independent Interaction Architect
http://www.bitmonk.net/
* : +1-415-226-1199 x2600

"All because of a bunch of stuff that happened.."
 -Homer Simpson
"The best way to get in touch with me is PayPal.
 -Alexander Limi