[sf-lug] (no subject)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 26 22:11:19 PDT 2008

Quoting Justin Ryan (justizin at vongogo.org):

> Why not simply redact those phrases from the archive and, at least at
> google, force a reindex?

That's an excellent idea, but we'll of course have to take great care to
remind people frequently not to pollute the list by saying "free laptop"
again.  I'm thinking of a monthly autoposted reminder.  "Never say 'free
laptop' on this list!  Pass it on!"

However, as dire as the plague of "free laptop" mentions is likely to
become over time, at least nobody has mentioned anything about the sheet
music to Dueling Banjos.  _That_ would be bad.

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#banjos

> I mean, I agree on not using those words into the future, but you just
> used them.....

I indignantly deny the charge!  I've absolutely never said "free laptop"
on this mailing list and am taking great care to never type the phrase
"free laptop", and certainly never, ever to post "free laptop".

(Nor "sheet music Dueling Banjos".  Certainly never that.)