[sf-lug] (no subject)

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 21:48:52 PDT 2008

Hi David,

Thanks for emailing us.  More comments below.

2008/8/26 david perez <david_perez_10 at yahoo.com>

> I am imailing you because I am interested in testing a laptop from you.
> What do I have to do to get it?

Most of us here on this list are a bit confused by your email.  We neither
sell nor give away notebook or laptop computers, but there is a company in
the east bay that gives away desktop Linux computers.  That company is the
Alameda County Computer Resource Center.  As far as I know, they do _not_
give away notebook or laptop computers, only desktop computers.  They have a
straight-forward process for apply for computers, which you can find on
their websited:

http://www.accrc.org/

The SF-LUG does provide free help in learning how to shop for Linux
computers, and help in using them once you have purchased them.  In
addition, SF-LUG will be assisting ACCRC.org in giving away 40 computers at
the St. Anthony's Foundation Tenderloin Tech Day on September 27, 2008 at
150 Golden Gate Avenue near Jones Street in San Francisco.  This is a
one-time event, and you are advised to sign up here as a volunteer to
increase your chances of getting a computer on that day, as there will most
likely be a long line on the day of the event: the first link is the
original link to the event, and the second link is the tinyurl link for the
same page, in case the long link breaks.

http://www.sfconnect.org/projects/viewProject.php?_mode=occurrenceView&_action=load&ixActivity=193&_clearFlag=specialevent&_clearFlag=course&ixAffiliateRegion=&sZipcode=&bAvailable=&dtBegin=&dtEnd=&PHPSESSID

http://tinyurl.com/6626q8

I would encourage you to attend our free meetings, which are described here:

http://sf-lug.org/

I hope this was helpful.  We maintain this list for the sole purpose of
helping others with Linux questions, so please don't hesitate to ask.
--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point