[sf-lug] 15% to 25% of students & facutly at this college use Linux desktops

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:17:26 PDT 2008

In this DTP video, just released to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys
admin at the Johnson County Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says
that 15% to 25% of all users at her college are Linux users!  This video was
shot at Linux World Expo 2008 in SF.  In a later interview, linked below,
Christa says that EEE PCs are "almost common" at the school.

I would be interested to see if this experience is consistent with Sameer's
experience at SFSU.

http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv548_lwe08_christa_casebeer_003.ogg

Here is the tinyurl for this video:

http://tinyurl.com/6hpgrb

I believe that Christa is probably correct.  Last year, Linux machines sold
very well on Amazon.com:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/12/29/1959244

Here are the other videos in this series.  She is very articulate.  I like
these vids a lot.

http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv548_lwe08_christa_casebeer_002.ogg

http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv548_lwe08_christa_casebeer_004.ogg

http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv548_lwe08_christa_casebeer_005.ogg