[sf-lug] Consistency

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 30 13:51:34 PDT 2008

Quoting JW (jmango at mail.com):

> Please keep in mind that we propellerheads-in-training are not
> necessarily guided by some mysterious aesthetic when deciding which
> distribution to use.

If you are very used to MS-Windows-du-jour, or Mac OS X, etc., and your
primary criterion is immediate familiarity to yourself and thus "time to
productivity ratio", shouldn't you should stick with what you know, and
eschew Linux entirely?

(Some people like Christian seem to be all about convincing the
computing world to run Linux.  Me, I think people are best advised to
use what they believe will make them happy.)