[sf-lug] Linux Hater's Blog

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 29 16:13:24 PDT 2008

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> I'm not sure if LinuxHater is a GNU-Linux hater of if it is just a
> schtick.

The answer to that question has real-world utility approaching zero.
(Second-guessing of motives is the booby prize.)

> In this case, LinuxHater criticizes the Linux community for producing
> too many distros....

I like (and might just steal) Bill Kendrick's rejoinder.

> ...and claims that is the reason for the Foxconn problem.

At least 3/4 of his lines of argument in his/her blog turn out to be
basically pretty moronic -- this particular one being a case in point --
which probably reflects his/her having convinced him/herself of being a
seasoned expert on all matters affecting Linux when, if I recall
correctly, his/her sole area of expertise is graphics software and its
underlying hardware support.

> He obviously has a lot of knowledge about Linux.

That's not evident to me.

FWIW, the only Linux-relevant blogs I've (personally) found, thus far,
to be reliably worthwhile are Don Marti's, Russell Coker's, Jeremy
Allison's, and Mark Pilgrim's.

But then, I tend to be of the view that almost all blogs are valuable
only in the extent that they tend to keep that junk off Usenet.  ;->