[sf-lug] sf-lug.net

jim jim at well.com
Sun Jul 27 15:00:33 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 14:34 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting jim (jim at well.com):
>
> >    their email to me seems to imply a registration fee.
> > i'm taking rick's language as morally-based sarcasm.
>
> In a way -- though gratuitous moralism is invariably a poor teacher:

yes, but sarcasm works great!

> You might find this to be interesting reading:
> "Domain Expiration" on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Network_Other/

very interesting indeed. it's very long, i didn't read
it all, the first portion is clear and succinct in its
explanation of the expiration process. worth reading!

   So what's the value to anyone (other than me, don't  <---
give me the line "you must judge", because this is a    <---
group and a group need) of keeping sf-lug.net ?         <---