[sf-lug] sf-lug.net

Justin Ryan justizin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:06:15 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:56 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   i could be wrong, and often am. if someone's
> got advice to the contrary, i'm open to listening
> and even thinking, maybe even paying.

Do they want a registration fee, or, as Rick put it, "Ransom"?

If they'll authorize a transfer, I'd be glad to pick it up from
another registrar, but it is not listed as available.

Even very large organizations like ACM SIGGRAPH typically do not spend
the $1k+ to litigate or bribe their trademarks back into play, and
I've had clients pay for domains which they never regained control of.

In the end, people will use Google, et. al. :)

--
Justin Alan Ryan
Independent Interaction Architect

"All because of a bunch of stuff that happened.."
 -Homer Simpson