[sf-lug] [Fwd: UG News--Going to OSCON?]

jason stone jasonstone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 21:23:34 PDT 2008

Yup.  I'll be there.  Probably hanging out with Sameer like last year.
 Good times!

Too bad Ubuntu Live was killed off and merged with OSCON.  Last years
UL had more soul than OSCON IMO.  <-- hows that for acronyms?

Great chance to head up to Portland too!  Great little city.  The City
that Works is their motto-- and it does too.  I love how their public
transportation is clean, gets you to most places, runs on time and is
free in the central downtown area.  Lots of little pubs, clubs and bars too.

For those that are staying until at least Saturday, there will be an
outdoor showing of the 80's movie Goonies at the Pioneer Courthouse
Square.  The details are over at
Upcoming  -->  http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/896952/
and
http://www.pioneercourthousesquare.org/default.htm
http://www.pioneercourthousesquare.org/calendar.shtm

I dont have any Oreilly shirts-- I do own a slew of their books though.

-jason