[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] Community Manager / Tech Evangelist for Linux Foundation
jim at well.com
Thu Jul 10 15:22:09 PDT 2008
Title: Community Manager / Technical Evangelist
Salary: $120K - $135K
Location: San Francisco (lots of flexibility there)
The Linux Foundation (www.linux-foundation.org) is looking for a
well-rounded, technical ISV manager to champion the needs of ISVs
targeting the Linux platform.
This person will have deep knowledge of application development
and the Linux platform and will be able to translate ISV needs into
products and programs through collaboration with the Linux Foundation
Good communication and writing skills are a must, as this position
is a hybrid of product management, relationship management and support.
The right person is versatile and has a passion for application
development and Linux. This is a unique, high visibility opportunity
that affords many network and high impact opportunities.
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Maintain relationships with tier 1 and 2 ISV development organizations
to promote the value of the LSB and the LSB tools (the SDK, SI, and
* Own the ISV experience at the Linux Foundation across all products
* Gather requirements from ISVs and translate into products by
collaborating with the engineering department. This person owns
developer product management.
* Work with the CTO and Chief Platform Architect to get input from
Tier 1 ISV's directly, and connect Tier 1 ISV's with the engineering
department to provide direct support where necessary.
* Organize and run an ISV advisory council for Tier 1/2 ISV's and
gather input re: requirements for the LSB, LSB tools, and the LDN.
* Work with the CTO and Chief Platform Architect, establish a high-level
editorial agenda for the LSB channel of the Linux Developer Network.
Work with the LDN editor to write new content and answer questions
pertaining to the LSB on the LDN. Be the technical resource for articles
for the LDN for checking and accuracy.
* Develop a program, with content and tools, that will help ISVs target
Linux via the LSB and other Linux Foundation products.
Optimal knowledge for this position includes: C++, Linux distributions
and writing applications for them, The GNU toolsets.
The person holding this position will be evaluated along the following
1. How many ISVs are certifying are deriving value from the LSB?
How do we measure this impact?
2. ISV participation in various Linux Foundation products:
the Linux Developer Network, ISV conferences, CollaborationSummit,
3. What new products have they developed and how are those tools
being used by ISVs.
4. What experience does the ISV have certifying or getting support
from Linux Foundation staff. This person is responsible for the ISVs
overall experience with the Linux Foundation.
Kbretz at kbretz dot com
650 213 8300
More information about the sf-lug