[sf-lug] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 06/26/2008

bill at wards.net bill at wards.net
Thu Jun 19 12:00:07 PDT 2008

   |Date:    |Thursday, June 26th, 2008                            |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |meeting 7:00 - 9:00 PM, social/networking until 10 PM|
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                             |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                    |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                               |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                            |

  David Weekly, Tinkering Before Millions

   How to take a hobby hack and turn it into a service used by millions (and
   hopefully that MAKES millions).

   David Weekly is the founder and CPO of PBwiki. PBwiki is the world's
   largest business wiki host and is home to over 500,000 communities,
   including groups at over at third of the Fortune 500. He graduated as a
   President Scholar from Stanford in 2000 with a BS in Computer Science and
   has worked for such institutions as Harvard Physics, MIT Lincoln Labs,
   Stanford Graphics, atWeb, Legato, and There.com. David wrote the first
   layman's level description of MP3 in early 1997, reverse engineered the
   Napster protocol in an evening, and was a finalist in the ACM
   International Programming Competition. David lives in a Cupertino mansion
   with seven others (he's the sommelier) and throws periodic all-night
   hackathons called SuperHappyDevHouse there. David is an adviser to several
   Bay Area startups, including Jaxtr, KiteDance, MusicManagement, and
   IncentAlign. He last spoke at PenLUG in November 2006.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp at penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members at penlug.org
	announce at penlug.org
	sf-lug at linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk at lists.balug.org
	baylisa at baylisa.org
	svlug at lists.svlug.org
	svevents at yahoogroups.com

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.