[sf-lug] Christian's School Project

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Sun Jun 15 22:43:34 PDT 2008

I went over to visit Christian's F/OSS computer lab at the school this morning with Tom Belote.  I have to say its really inspiring to see what Christian has got going over there.

While Christian and I were blabbing about how to save the world, Tom got audio and video working across the network.  Its not perfect because the server can only support aprox 5 thin clients watching Youtube at the same time.  However, the proposed hybrid client setup with firefox running locally seems to have the potential to solve this problem so that all of the clients can watch Youtube concurrently.  Tom also got software running that lets teachers see what each student is doing on their clients... can't remember what it was called though.

For anyone that hasn't had the chance to make it over to the school, I'd definitely encourage you check it out.