[sf-lug] sf-lug Digest, Vol 31, Issue 20

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 9 14:54:32 PDT 2008

Quoting Asheesh Laroia (asheesh at asheesh.org):

> P.S. Attentive readers will note that I am not contradicting Rick, simply
> providing a case where his advice does not apply to a *different
> situation* (this was not a teensy laptop).

Presumably also a _production system_, rather than a just-imaged machine
that's not yet being called upon to do anything at all.  In the latter
case, it really doesn't matter what processes you kill; pretty much the
absolute worst you can do is set up a situation where you have to reboot.

(AKA the "They killed init!  Bastards!" scenario.)