[sf-lug] audible.com

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 6 10:04:19 PDT 2008

Quoting Sameer Verma (sverma at sfsu.edu):

> I would second that. My experience with eMusic has been great. To
> download on Linux, you have to use a 3rd party tool called emusic-jlinux
> (http://www.kallisti.net.nz/EMusicJ/HomePage)

My mother-in-law Cheryl uses eMusic extensively, and gives it her
endorsement.  My wife Deirdre points out one drawback:  According to
her, the firm lossily compresses many of the files fairly brutally to
keep them within a specific byte limit; hence, the quality is not always
great (relative to, say, Apple iTMS, where I believe most items are
still DRM-obscured).