[sf-lug] OT: Thank you for not voting, today

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 4 21:22:41 PDT 2008

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> See, Rick normally posts with opinions that he describes as "IMVAO"
> (In My Very Arrogant Opinion)....

That coinage was from my friend Karsten M. Self, from whom I gleefully
stole it.  See also:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#moenslaw-debate2

> But, much to my chagrin, Rick, I will have to say that I did _not_ heed your
> request and dropped off my absentee ballot at a local polling station.

Curses!  There goes my write-in campaign against Congressman Speier.[1]

[1] Seriously, I've long thought absolutely the world of Jackie Speier,
all the way back to when she worked for my friend and congressman, Leo
Ryan, and I'm utterly delighted that she's in Congressman Lantos's seat
for now and seems likely to retain it in November.