[sf-lug] Problems with a Comcast modem; no IP address given

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 11:14:02 PDT 2008

you may already have this solved: I'm just now catching up on mail
but: for what it's worth-
perhaps the DHCP server part of the router is not working and you might
get around that by simply assigning a static IP address to the
computer.
Just make sure it is the same network: i.e. the first three parts of
the
doted quad are the same as that of the router. Best make the last
number
large (say 225) to be sure it's NOT in the range that DHCP would use
IF it is functioning. Servers usually use small numbers.
This might be worth a try .... or might not...

alex