[sf-lug] CUPS printer on Leopard

Nathan Hoover nathan at foo-o-rama.com
Mon Jun 2 17:16:07 PDT 2008

This isn't really a Linux question *per se *but it's related. I have a
printer (Samsung CLP-300 fwiw) connected to my Ubuntu 8.04 home server. The
printer works fine on the server, and my Windows boxes, where I created a
new port, with the URL as follows:

That works fine... but I am having trouble configuring it to work on my
Macbook running OS X 10.5. It doesn't seem to support the "http..." port
syntax. Has anyone succesfully configured such a setup and has some advice?
I tried the obvious combinations in the print dialog but nothing seemed to