[sf-lug] sf-lug news update

jim jim at well.com
Mon Jun 2 16:46:20 PDT 2008

   probably the most important angle is support of
linux users, in the name of sf-lug and also in the
name of other similar groups such as balug, penlug,
*lug*....
   if you can put in a little time at linuxworld
in early august, help with the common LUG booth.
   if you have a little time and want to screw
screws and get down with sheet metal, help ACCRC
and/or christian einsfeldt rebuild computers.
christian might welcome help with other problems
he has at the KIPP school, though i'm just guessing.
   talk someone you know into converting to linux.
   investigate some special-purpose app that runs
on windows and see if it'll run under Wine.
   promote the use of linux at your work.
   talk up your interests on the sf-lug mailing
list and keep it active. these groups are living
things that need nourishment to live.
   help, help, oh golly help with this damned XEN
VM. not just the XEN-specific sysadm stuff but the
job of bringing over the stuff from the current
box to the new VM host. NOTE that things always go
better if we have a pal or two we can work with,
so if you want to learn or mentor, that should be
a big plus in contributing. we can do this with
email and our existing shell accounts on the
current box. First step is to divide the work
(parts of the web page tree, various server
config...).