[sf-lug] evolution: bug or feature?

jim jim at well.com
Sat May 31 12:05:02 PDT 2008

many thanks for the note.

   evolution includes not only email but
calendaring and a task list feature along
with a contact list and a memo feature.
   my supposition is that all four features
are somehow integratable with each other
and also with remote devices, notably cell
phones but also PDAs of various types, even
remote (in the field) laptops, i suppose.
   i hate the idea of moving away from my
beloved text files and grep, but that's
what i've promised myself to do, probably
starting this coming week.

   my hope is to understand what open
source equivalents compare to ms exchange
systems, soup to nuts. i'm not happy about
the prospect of getting linux terminal end
systems working with an existing exchange
system.