[sf-lug] homebrew megabox

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Wed May 28 14:31:41 PDT 2008

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> hi
>
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
>
>> this links to a project that builds a lot
>> of storage and CPU power in a box for
>> (relatively) very little money:
>> http://helmer.sfe.se/
>>

> Actually, all I am getting at that link is a picture of the Ikea filing
> cabinet.  No deets about the Linux side of it.

	Read all the pictures and then the text at the bottom of the
article?
	This is a very specialized item (rendering farm) but a few years
back when everything was much more expensive & bulky I really considered
building a machine inside a filing cabinet or inside the metal desk with
built-in file drawer.  Amd that is the main item in this project using the
Ikea build cabinet to house the very high powered render farm instead of
using a standard rack with separate chassis for each individual unit.

	Amiga used to be a main component of render farms in those distant
days and for some years after CBM collapsed.

	later
	bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
  bobbie sellers -(Back to Angband)Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
  It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
  the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
  It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
	--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.