[sf-lug] saying hello

Lx Rudis lx_rudis at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 23 15:46:19 PDT 2008

> > hi,
> >
> > My name is Bouchaib, and I am new to this list.  I
> received a Ubuntu Linux
> > computer from the St. Anthony's event, and now I
> am saying hello to this
> > list for the first time.

hi bouchaib, and i'd like to add my 'welcome' to the
others you've already gotten.

if you don't mind me asking, what is your history with
computers?

are you familiar with other operating systems, such as
Windows, or the mac OSx?

are you a hobbyist, or a casual computer user?

...and what do you think of Ubuntu so far?

i'd also suggest that you try to attend our meetings.
we've got a great group of computer enthusiasts at all
skill levels, and we all love helping out.  come join
us!  the meetings occur twice monthly at Javacat at
20th and geary, and we always announce them on the
mail list here prior to their occurance.

enjoy!

lx [your humble SF-LUG mail list admin]