[sf-lug] ssh -L option followup

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 04:53:02 PDT 2008

you will remember on Monday night you were kind enough to teach me a
few ssh features to get me going on vnc.
We were unsuccessful re vnc, probably because of my server not being
configured BUT you very successfully demonstrated the ssh tunneling  by
using the following syntax:
ssh [-p nnnn ] -L1234:<routerIPAddress>:80 <url of home network>
to connect to my router from a computer within my home network.
I'm using the above syntax and am successfully making the connection
BUT: I can't for the life of me remember what to do next to actually
make the web based connection to the router.
Can you remind me please?

a_kleider at yahoo.com