[sf-lug] Hacked RHEL4/PHP4 server

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 22 10:54:25 PDT 2008

Quoting Tom Haddon (tom at greenleaftech.net):

> At this point, I'd have to advise the non-profit per Rick's comments to
> pretty much start from scratch with this server and/or have verio clean
> up the mess...

I'm figuratively biting my tongue about Verio.  I'm sure there are some
good people working there, and that all large companies have their
detractors.

Let's just say that Verio is a very large national ISP / hosting company
that became large by buying out a huge number of small, locally beloved
firms including several notable Bay Area ones, and that everything that
was notable and likeable about their operations pretty much ceased with
the buyout.