[sf-lug] For all those running Debian or derivatives like Ubuntu

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:22:58 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:
>  Yes, because the random number generator was weak which means that the
>  keys aren't as random as they should be. From the Ubuntu advisory:

What you are implying is that this Debian bug caused key clustering.
In that respect, now I really understand why this is so bad :-)  I
researched this a bit further, and Debian published a perl script to
detect if you are vulnerable.  Basically, it looks to me like a set of
all the potential bad keys rolled up into the script for easy
detection...

http://security.debian.org/project/extra/dowkd/dowkd.pl.gz
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen