[sf-lug] List of open source backup programs

Paul Ward dssstrkl at gmail.com
Mon May 12 17:42:31 PDT 2008

Again the iPhones poorly placed send button strikes! Anyway, I just
wanted to point out that I have a dual backup system, part of which
includes cloning my hard drives, apps, system files and all.
I understand the point of not having to backup binaries (and, by
extension, system files) due to their availability, but in the event
of a disk failure, I just want to get back up and working as soon as
possible. This requires a clone, preferably a bootable clone.
On Linux, chronosync works as an automated backup, and on the mac, I
like SuperDuper! for clones and TimeMachine.

Paul Ward
Sent from my iPhone