[sf-lug] wubi

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun May 11 21:22:48 PDT 2008

hi

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> To elaborate on what I was saying, both Wubi and live CDs can been seen
> as ways of remaining a tirekicker Linux user -- for good or for bad.

I wish you would please stop using that phrase, tirekicker, on a public
list.  It sounds elitist, and alienates new users, IMHO.  You have done a
lot to help new users, Rick, and I personally have benefited a great deal
from your tips.  But these tirekickers are the administrators and teachers
of public middle schools; they are decision-makers; they are people who
could be great allies in bringing true competition to the desktop computing
industry.  We need them.  They vote daily with their dollars, and they are
voting for lock-down daily, and it is affecting our ability to have things
like widespread open formats and jobs and a viable desktop Free Software
industry.

Just my two cents.