[sf-lug] Ubuntu release ("back on-list" sub thread)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 27 16:40:42 PDT 2008

Quoting Ernest De Leon (edeleonjr at gmail.com):

> Your argument....

This is not "my argument".  The IETF settled the entire munging debate
seven years ago.  Any legitimacy that munging once aspired to evaporated
at that time.

Don't take my word for it.  Follow the provided link.

> ...makes sense if-and-only-if you assume that the mailing list as
> a whole is not the sender and intended recipient.

This is a confused misreading of what I wrote.  I can only suggest going
back and reading again.  And follow the provided link.

In any event, I will not tolerate that sort of (notorious) technological
and social mishap -- and exercise in system administration incompetence
--  to be imposed on any mailing list operating on my server.  Period.

> your opinion....

This is not "my opinion".

Either re-read, or don't.  We're done.