[sf-lug] Ubuntu vs. Mandriva

Paul Ward dssstrkl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 20:08:45 PDT 2008

I'm not all that concerned with the ease of use issue, since I'm
planning to build a headless server to act as a mailserver, firewall,
NAS and maybe a MythTV backend. I'll use the macs to ssh into it, so
I'm not really thinking about the desktop manager (I like KDE, but
might give gnome a try), and it would probably be fun to set up vnc
and do a full remote desktop. I'm aware that any distro can do what I
want, I guess I just wanted to know if there were any real differences
between a current champ and an old friend.

Paul Ward
Sent from my iPhone