[sf-lug] Ubuntu vs. Mandriva

Paul Ward dssstrkl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 15:39:39 PDT 2008

I've used one flavor of Linux or another since 1998, when I got
introduced to Mandrake 2 or 3. Since it was light years better than my
mac, I ditched it for a Linux box that later dual-booted win2k. I used
that combo until 2002 when I got a PowerBook and have been using Macs
full time since then. The old Linux box ran ubuntu until it died a
couple of years ago. Since then, I've played with various distros in
VMs, but I want to build a new machine, to use as a file/media server.
I'm familiar with Unix CLI stuff, rolled my own Apache server, but
have been out of the Linux game for a while.

Paul Ward
Sent from my iPhone