[sf-lug] Ubuntu vs. Mandriva

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Sat Apr 26 13:24:25 PDT 2008

Paul Ward wrote:
> I'm sure this comes up every once in a while, and I'm definately not
> trying to start a distro war, but are there any significant
> differences between the current (k)ubuntu and Mandriva releases?
>
> Paul Ward
> Sent from my iPhone

	Aside from the simple fact that Ubuntu of any variety starts
with Debian sources and that Mandriva starts with Red Hat Enterprize
sources I would imagine that they would be pretty close.

	Mandriva tends to default to KDE but the full versions come
with complete Gnome support as well.

	later
	bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
  bobbie sellers -(Back to Angband)Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
  It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
  the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
  It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
	--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.