[sf-lug] reminder: tomorrow (Friday) is set-up for the Mission Rec Center event on Sat

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:26:38 PDT 2008

hi,

I just wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow, April 25, is the set-up day
for the massive newbie outreach day on Saturday, April 26 from 12 noon to 4
pm at 2450 Harrison Street between 20th and 21st Streets in the Mission
district in San Francisco.  There will be hundreds of people who are going
to come there to learn about technology, and many of them will be bringing
"dead" hardware that will be perfectly capable of running Linux.  So this is
your chance to come on down, install Linux, and tell simple end users why
you like Linux.

Tomorrow's set up will go like this.  A truck will arrive at the school at
Geary and Scott at about 2:30 p.m.  (Please call me at 415-351-1300 and
don't call the school, because there are lots of people who work there, and
you probably will not get someone who knows the details).  We will load the
truck, and we will go down to 2450 Harrison Street.  We will set up 6 boxes
in one area, and 4 boxes in another area.  It's a straightforward simple
network install, and a hot ethernet cable will be provided in both places.
We will then leave the stuff, and come back the next day (Saturday 4/26)
around 10 am to make sure all is good.  The crowds will start arriving at
noon on Saturday, and we get to do what many of us like to do best:  talk
about Linux.  It should be fun !