[sf-lug] thin clients can't see the server at the school lab

Tyler Trafford ttrafford at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:47:48 PDT 2008

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> We now have 15 clients up, which means that the network problem has probably
> been solved, whatever it was, and the other clients will probably boot
> soon.  Thanks to everyone who offered solutions.  I am assuming that this
> problem is solved, but I will post again in a few minutes when all the
> clients are up.

I have one switch which locks up every few months and needs to be
power-cycled....

I don't know if your switch has indicators, but blinken/not-blinken is
the first thing I check for this sort of thing.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831