[sf-lug] Dynamically Scalable Data?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:27:39 PDT 2008

2008/4/18 Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com>:
> Let me preface this question by saying that very often I have these insane
> ideas which I then attempt to architect and flush out in my mind despite the
> fact that I may never actually implement them or I may not have intended to
> even before I thought through it.  This is probably one of those...

You are not insane :-)  Amazon does something very similar with EC2
and AWS.  Google's MapReduce and GFS are known public details of
internal operational infrastructure...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Elastic_Compute_Cloud
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Web_Services
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapReduce