[sf-lug] Fwd: Mission District Tech Connect event info

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:01:11 PDT 2008

hi,

I wanted forward this email to this list to remind people to please consider
showing up to the Mission Rec Center at 2450 Harrison Street in the Mission
on Saturday, April 26, 2008 from noon to 4 pm for a massive tech fair for
under-served residents of the Mission district.  I will be teaching a GIMP
class at the school from 12 to 2 pm on that day, so I can help with the set
up the day before, but I won't be able to be at the Mission Rec Center until
about 3 pm to help with the final hour and then breakdown.  There are going
to be literally hundreds of people at this event, and so it will be a great
opportunity to help place Free Software in front of people who can benefit
most from it.

People with Spanish fluency are especially encouraged to show up, since a
large number of the attendees will probably be most comfortable with
Spanish.

I would also like to request a sign up sheet be placed on the SF-LUG wiki
somewhere so that we will know who will be able to show up, and at what
time.

We will be bringing our usual Gutsy pizza boxes from St. Anthony Foundation,
but we will need a device to receive wifi signals, as it is not clear if a
wired connection will be available.  Thanks in advance.