[sf-lug] Usenet Reader

Tyler Trafford ttrafford at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:47:37 PDT 2008

Deepan wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can someone suggest me application to browse and
> send messages to Usenet? Also it would be great if
> you can recommond some free quality usenet
> servers. It will be great if I can install them
> using yum or apt or port. I tried Unison, it
> prompts me to buy. Google groups for usenet does
> not let me send messages via email. Does other
> apps do ?

What I prefer for Usenet is slrn; it can reply to email, if you have a
working /usr/sbin/sendmail (or equivalent) on your system.

I second the recommendation of news.individual.net.  The spam filtering
they do is by itself worth the price.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831