[sf-lug] Getting a Low ID on Amule

Tyler Trafford ttrafford at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:14:37 PDT 2008

Blake Haggerty wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with getting the little yellow arrows (low
> ID) on Amule? I recently bought a Linksys WRT54G router and installed
> it but now I am getting a LowID. I flashed the router with new
> firmware (dd-wrt micro) and forwarded the ports needed for Amule. I
> checked my IPtables and the proper ports have also been forwarded. I
> read somewhere that I need to create a static IP for my machine on the
> LAN. But this is where I got confused and didn't want to mess with
> DHCP in fear of not being able to connect to the internet...etc

aMule should support uPnP, and so does dd-wrt.  I suggest turning that
on in both and just letting that handle port assignment.

Also, if your assigned IP address happens to end in a 0, you will always
get a low id.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831