[sf-lug] OOXML ISO vote irregularities

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Mar 29 21:14:38 PDT 2008

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> hi,
> IMHO, this is a story which deserves to make the digg front page, so a
> little help with a digg would be appreciated, if you all likewise feel
> that the story is worth a digg vote.  The source of the story is
> Pamela Jones of groklaw, and she generally has good credibility.
> Thanks either way.
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/OOXML_Vote_Irregularities_all_over_Europe
Yeah, its getting pretty ugly. I posted on this topic yesterday at
http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/492 It has a whole list that I got from
someone's post on Slashdot. The most interesting item is # 11 on that
list (more specifically
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080327170359776), which
basically goes to say that if we already have an ISO approved standard
(ODF) then why is ISO even bothering to look for another one?

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA