[sf-lug] fun with computers

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Thu Mar 27 14:01:13 PDT 2008

 	Yesterday evening I tried to update KlamAV on my Mandriva 2008
machine.  Well the install didn't have a compiler and some other
tools in the PATH so I tried to download and install such.  Somehow
along the way by 2100 I had managed to get the computer to a non-working
status.  By the time I had tried a few things I was too tired to
continue and left it on all night(no biggie).
	This morning after a few false starts I got the thing working
again though the login would not recognise my password and I had to
start doing the install again to get a new user with an easy to type
password from whose account I could reconfigure login so that I didn't
need a password.
	Now the main problem is that Mandriva refuses to see the external USB
drives which have never been invisible before?

	Any hints from the knowledgeabled & skilled?

	And I must say I am glad to be in touch with you all again.

    later
    bliss -- C O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

        Your tag lines (k) were stolen! (more)
            There is a puff of smoke!