[sf-lug] Which CMS ? Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, PHPNuke or PostNuke?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Mar 23 22:50:05 PDT 2008

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Clyde Jones wrote:
>> I know the request is kind of general, but I don't have any specific
>> requirements nailed down (death to a project) and I am trying to gather
>> some preliminary information.
> Of these, you don't list WordPress.  I suggest that for sites where your
> requirements are simple and the users aren't very technical.
> -- Asheesh.
I would second Asheesh on Wordpress for a simple site. For something
that will grow into other features, Drupal is quite stable and
well-designed for plug-ins etc. Drupal supports a Gallery plug-in
(http://drupal.org/project/gallery). Drupal also supports multiple sites
with one code install and multiple databases or multiple prefixes in one
database. See http://drupal.org/node/53705

I use the multisite setup for my courses where each student group gets
one Drupal site for the entire semester to work in. Once set up, it
works really well.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA