[sf-lug] Full Disk Encryption options?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:53:54 PDT 2008

Truecrypt on Linux doesn't seem to allow full disk encryption.  I am
looking for suggestions here.  I would really like to utilize a
package that asks for a password on bootup and handles everything else
(like Safeboot does full FDE).  Alternatively, I could settle for
something that merely encrypts the partition.  With TrueCrypt, which I
am currently utilizing, I can mount the encrypted file as a volume (or
a partition).  This is OK for some things, but I was looking to hide
everything.  I would like to be prompted for a password or key file on
boot ideally.  I have done this on Windows, but never researched
anything outside of Truecrypt for Linux.  Any ideas or first hand
suggestions?  I don't think I should need to write this myself,
because it probably exists.  Some of the docs I found online were a
bit outdated though.  Thanks!
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen